Rowan Arts is an arts charity and was established in 2003.
We use culture as a catalyst to create more connected communities at the level of the neighbourhood, borough and city.
We do this by
• Producing high quality events and projects
• Engaging volunteers whom we train and support
• Enabling people to capture and share their history
• Participating in productive partnerships
• Facilitating people to have a voice and to gain skills and confidence
• Creating a digital resource
• Addressing inequality
• Commitment to excellence
• Unlocking potential and fostering talent
• Working inclusively and collaboratively
• Generating fun and enjoyment
• Acting with honesty and integrity
• Exploring new ideas and practices
PQASSO Quality Mark Level 2
Charity of the Year 2012
Islington Volunteer Involving Organisation of the Year 2011
Our Development as an Organisation
While continuing our grassroots work in Islington, we are currently developing a programme of mentoring to allow us to share what we have learnt beyond Islington. We are starting to participate in the wider debate about the role of the arts in society.
Registered Charity Number 1113454
Company limited by guarantee (England and Wales) Company No. 5183868